Videos | Podcasts | Webinars
Meet Alberta’s Strategic Clinical Networks
Learn how SCNs support health innovation and get evidence into care across the province.
YouTube video (2018) | Transcript
AHS Scientific Advisory Group (SAG) and Alberta’s COVID-19 Response
Dr. Braden Manns explains what SAG is and how its rapid evidence reviews are supporting Alberta’s pandemic response.
Soundcloud Podcast (May 2020) | Transcript
Improving health systems with Strategic Clinical Networks
Interview with CMAJ Editor-in-Chief Dr. Andreas Laupacis and SCN leaders Tracy Wasylak and Braden Manns to discuss the impact and value of Alberta’s SCNs, how they operate and lessons learned.
Soundcloud Podcast (2019) | Transcript
Girls’ and Women’s Health
Shifting the Lens on Girls' and Women's Health: Interdisciplinary Approaches and New Opportunities for Research Capacity Development
Presented by the Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit (AbSPORU) in partnership with researchers from the Faculty of Nursing and the Department of Community Health Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine (University of Calgary), and AHS Strategic Clinical Networks. Part of AbSPORU’s “Shaping Patient-Oriented Research Environments through Equity, Diversity and Inclusion” webinar series.
The event will explore metrics used to understand girls' and women's health (including current gaps and opportunities); interdisciplinary, collaborative, and qualitative approaches for capturing data; and strategies to support capacity development and research that improve health outcomes for girls and women in Alberta.
- Register – 10AM-12PM MDT (Friday, April 29, 2022)
Connect Care Speaker Series
Health Research and Quality Improvement Using the Connect Care EMR System
Event co-sponsored by the University of Alberta, University of Calgary offices of research in collaboration with the Strategic Clinical Networks.
- Session 1 – How to access data and create reporting functionality (March 15, 2021)
- Session 2 – Harnessing Clinical Information Systems potential for research and quality improvement (November 15, 2021)
Health Economics Learning Series
Collecting, Measuring and Estimating Costs of Health Care Innovation in Alberta
Event hosted by the University of Calgary Health Economics Group in collaboration with the Strategic Clinical Networks (AHS), the University of Alberta and the Institute of Health Economics.
- Session 1 – Introduction to costing and the learning series (Sep 10, 2021)
- Session 2 – Health care cost data in Alberta (Sep 24, 2021)
- Session 3 – Analyzing the impact of an innovation on health care costs (Oct 8, 2021)
- Session 4 – Applications across Alberta (Oct 22, 2021)
- Session 5 (Lab) – Cost analysis project planning (Nov 5, 2021)
- Session 6 (Lab) – Completing cost-related tables in PRIHS applications (Nov 19, 2021)