The Privacy Team promotes the protection of privacy and access to information throughout Alberta Health Services (AHS). We enable AHS staff to apply privacy principles in our daily work instilling confidence in each other and our patients that their personal and health information is protected. The Privacy Team is organized into four groups:
- Breach Investigations - Provides investigation of privacy breaches and suggests steps to prevent recurrence
- Information Access Services - Manages and responds to formal requests for access to information.
Note: for information on accessing health records please see Access & Disclosure
- Privacy Business Partnerships - Provides training and education; provides privacy advisory & consultation services
- Privacy Impact Assessments - Reviews and evaluates AHS information systems and procedures to assess privacy risks and recommends measures to mitigate these risks
Privacy Intake Line
If you require assistance from any of these groups please contact our Privacy Intake Line:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request posters.
- Notification of Collection of Personal or Health Information under HIA