A Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) directly cares for those with mental illness, physical and developmental disabilities and addictions. A Registered Psychiatric Nurse also works to promote optimal mental health across community and healthcare settings.
What do Registered Psychiatric Nurses do?
- Focuses on the therapeutic relationship
- Restores mental health or promotes optimal mental health
- Prevents mental illness/injury and disability
- Delivers mental health education programs
Where do Registered Psychiatric Nurses work?
- Mental health facility or community clinics
- Correctional facilities
- Hospital or health care centre
- Long-term care facilities
Registered Psychiatric Nurses at AHS
AHS employs approximately 830 Registered Psychiatric Nurses.
Other nursing professions:
What are the credentials for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse?