Healthy Eating Starts Here
AHS Healthy Eating Environment
Healthy Meetings and Events
Healthy food and drink choices can keep participants alert, productive and engaged. It is also an opportunity for AHS to ‘walk the talk’ and be a role model.
Organizers are encouraged to select healthy food and drink choices for AHS funded meetings and working sessions to comply with the AHS travel and working session policy.
What I can do to plan healthy events?
- Ask: Do we need food? For breaks and meetings under 2 hours, water, coffee or tea may be enough.
- Offer pitchers of ice water at meetings.
- Keep energy levels high with colourful vegetables and fruit and whole grain breads and pasta.
- Ask for foods to be served in smaller portions. People can always go back for more.
- Offer healthier choices at appreciation, celebration and retirement events (e.g. if cake is served, offer smaller portions and serve a fruit platter on the side).
- For more ideas, see the Eat Smart Meet Smart planning guide.
Resources for meeting organizers
Examples of healthy events